Monday, February 8, 2016

Lotus By Alesia


   Hi Everyone! Yes I'm back so soon because I couldn't wait to do my next product review. I had the pleasure of trying out and reviewing some products for my wash-day by Lotus By Alesia. I was sent the Hydrating Mango & Hemp Shampoo, Hydrating Mango & Hemp Conditioner, Hydrating Mango & Hemp Deep Moisture Masque and Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner. I was really curious about the Hemp added in the products and couldn't wait to see how it would work in my hair.  So let's get started with my review.

   So I usually only Shampoo my hair once a month and cowash the rest. I had actually just Shamppooed my hair the week before but I couldn't resist giving Lotus's Hydrating Mango & Hemp Shampoo a try. Because this shampoo is free of sulfates it was a thin low suds cleanser. I'm not sure if the scent of it was from the hemp but I surprisingly liked the smell of it. I really can't describe it to you though. All I can say though is that it was a pleasant clean scent. I really liked how clean my hair felt during and after washing. It worked easily through my hair and did not leave my hair hard like most shampoos. It also has a applicator top to make it easy to cleanse your hair while in a protective style.
    The key ingredients are; Distilled Water infused with Nettle Leaves, Rosemary Leaf, Lavender Flower, Organic Castille Soap, Mango Butter, Hemp Seed Oil and Tea Tree oil. Overall I think this is a great Shampoo for naturals. It gets rid of product buildup without stripping your hair od it's natural oils and leaves your hair fresh, clean and soft. For this product you get 12 oz of shampoo for $17.99. I have said this before on other reviews, but sometimes the price is ok if the product does everything it should and then some. And this is that kind of product.

   The next product I used is the Hydrating Mango & Hemp Conditioner. This one had the same exact scent as the Shampoo. It was rich and creamy and gave really good slip. You can use this as a conditioner after shampooing or as a cowash. I liked the fact that this conditioner left my hair super soft and hydrated. The key ingredients in the conditioner are pretty much the same as the shampoo but also includes Carrot Seed Oil. For this product you get 12 oz of conditioner for $17.99. As stated above if the product is great it's worth it.

    Next up is Lotus's Hydrating Mango & Hemp Deep Moisture Masque. The Masque had the same scent as the Shampoo and conditioner from the Mango and Hemp line. The masque was thick yet creamy and easily spread on my hair. I then added a plastic cap and sat under my hooded dryer for 30 minutes or so. As with the conditioner It gave me really moisturized soft hair. I read that this masque can also double as a styler by adding it to just washed damp hair. So I will be sure to try that out on my next wash day. Some of ingredients listed for this product are; Distilled Water infused with Nettle Leaves, Rosemary Leaf, Lavender Flower, Mango Butter, Hemp Seed Oil, Carrot Seed Oil, Tea Tree Oil and Vitamin B5. The masque comes in a 8 oz container for $16.99. I wish it came with a little more product but if you use this sparingly it can last a little while.
                  

    And last but not least is Lotus's Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner. Now this Leave-In right here had my hair feeling like Butter! I was so amazed by how soft this made my hair feel. The scent was amazing as well. It reminded me of vanilla frosting. But seriously this is a good Leave-In. This conditioner can be used daily to add moisture to dry hair. I added a little bit of this to some water in my spray bottle so I can use it daily. Some of the key ingredients include; Distilled Water, Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil and Rosemary Leaf Extract. The Moisturizing Leave-In comes in a 12 oz bottle for $17.99 and definitely worth every penny.

   Overall I think Lotus By Alesia has a really good product lineup. I enjoyed everything I used and can't wait to use the products in different ways on my next washday. All of Lotus's products are rich in vitamins, essential fatty acids, antioxidants and protein. Super healthy products for healthy hair. Thank you so much  Alesia for letting me review your products. If you are interested in any of these products or others offered I will leave the link below. Please make sure to give Lotus By Alesia a follow on Instagram (@lotusbyalesia). Also make sure to subscribe below so you don't miss future product reviews and giveaways. Well I had fun with this weeks review. Stay Sweet!

http://www.lotusbyalesia.com/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment