Sunday, March 13, 2016

Queen's Temple Handmade Artisan Soaps Part #1


   Hi! Sorry it's been a while, between work and my kids constantly getting sick I have been M.I.A. But luckily we are on Spring break so I can get caught up on some reviews.

   So this week I will be telling you about some bath, body and hair products I have been reviewing. About two weeks ago I received a nice assortment of products from Queen's Temple Handmade Artisan Soaps. As you can see I was sent a lot of products to review so I will be just reviewing the body products and will follow up with the hair procucts at a later time. So let's get started.

   So first I wanted to start with Queen's Temple Organic 100% Pure Castille Soap Body Wash "Fresh Clean Scent." I liked the scent of this but I couldn't help but think of  it as laundry detergent. It just had that smell of fresh laundry to me for some reason. It's not a bad smell just not a scent I would expect for a body wash. The body wash is not thick like other body washes either, it has a bit of a looser texture. But that's not a bad thing either. On the bottle it says it is a rich lather wash, but I would say it gives a good lather but not really rich. It kind of reminds me of a sulfate free Shampoo. It gave just enough lather to not dry out your skin. The ingredients listed for the wash are; water, pottasium oleate, potassium cocoate, glycerin, potassium citrate, potassium palm and kernal acid. It is also sulfate free, paraben free and not tested on animals. This product comes in a 8 oz bottle but unfortunately I couldn't find the price. I liked that the Castille Soap Body Wash left me smelling fresh and clean with soft skin. But I don't think it is something I would use much because it reminds me of laundry detergent. But this body wash can be made without the scent.

   Next up is Queen's Temple "Honey Butter Cream" face and body bar. I have to say I Love this product. First the smell is so sweet my whole bathroom smells like sweet honey. You'll have no need for a air freshener at all. I have used this soap for both my face and body. As a face bar it left my face soft and did not dry my face out at all. As a body bar I felt the exact same way. It gives a pretty good lather and leaves you smelling like Honey. The ingredients in the Honey Butter Bar are coconut oil, palm oil, safflower oil, kosher glycerin, goat's milk, purified water, sodium hydroxide, sorbitol, sorbitan oleate, soy bean protein and titanium dioxide. And contains ground oatmeal, raw shea butter, raw honey and a propriety blend of fragrance oils. So if you haven't figured it out yet I really Love this face and body bar. I use it everyday on my face. The Honey Butter Cream bar comes in a 4.5 oz bar for $6.00 each or 4 for $20. I definitely recommend giving this one a try.

   Next is Queen's Temple Shea & Oatmeal bar. This bar can be used for body, face and shaving. For shaving it can be used for both men and women. I figured since I was getting a little prickly I would soak in a nice warm bath and try this bar out. It gave a nice protective lather perfect for shaving. Didn't leave me with razer burn but left me with soft silky legs. I Love the scent of this bar as well. They all have a sweet creamy honey fragrance. I think this bar would work great to give a nice close shave for men as well. The ingredients listed for the Shea and Oatmeal bar are coconut oil, palm oil, safflower, kosher glycerin, purified water, sodium hydroxide, sorbitol, sorbitan oleate, soy bean protein and titanium dioxide. It also contains raw shea butter, raw honey and proprietary blend of fragrance oils. This bar comes in a 4.5 oz bar for $6.00. So if you love multi-use products like me the Shea & Oatmeal bar is a winner.

   Next is Queen's Temple Skin Soothing Loofa and Oatmeal Sugar Scrub. Another lovely sweet smelling product. Sorry about the picture, some of the label washed off while using. Anyway I liked this sugar scrub a lot. It helped get rid of a lot of dead skin on my legs and feet. My skin was super soft and super moisturized. Besides the ground up Loofa, Oatmeal and Sugar it contains an assortment of moisturizing oils. My skin was so soft and moisturized after using this I did not need to use lotion at all. The indredients listed in the scrub are; pure cane sugar, coconut oil, essential oils, loofa scrub, ground oatmeal, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, apricot kernal oil and sweet almond oil. This sugar scrub comes in a nice sized 16 oz jar for $15. I think the loofa scrub was a great added touch, it really helped to get rid of a lot of dead skin. Great for getting your legs and feet Spring and Summer ready.

  Now lastly are Queen's Temple "Turmeric and Bentonite Clay Clarifying Mask" on the left and "Blemish and Blackhead Scrub" on the right. I'll start with the Tumeric and Bentonite Mask. I thought the Tumeric in this mask would be pretty interesting. What I liked about it is that it went on smooth and didn't take long to dry. It also didn't give me the itchy skin crawling uncomfortable feeling other masks give. It also had a spicy scent I'm assumimg from the Tumeric. It did leave my face looking bright and clear but other than that I didn't really notice anything. I always feel that way with facial masks though. They are fun to do but I never notice any real dramatic difference in my appearance. The ingredients listed are aloe vera gel, bentonite clay, tumeric powder, raw honey and tea tree oil. I do love that all the ingredients are natural and have amazing cleansing properties that are great for the skin. Overall I think it is a good mask that's good for your skin. The mask comes in a 8 oz  jar for $15.
   Next is Queen's Temple "Blemish and Blackhead Scrub Honey-Lemon-Sea Salt." I liked how well this scrub exfoliated my face. I don't have blackheads on my face but I do have noticeable clogged pores. I think it helped get the gunk out really well. This scrub has a lemon honey fragrance which I love. So the only thing I really wish was different about this scrub is I think it should be made with sugar instead of salt. I can imagine maybe not doing a thorough job rinsing and accidentally getting a little salt in the eye. Ouch! I'm also just used to alot of face scrubs made with sugar. Other than that though I like it. The ingredients listed for this scrub are; fine grain sea salt, organic fresh squeezed lemon juice, organic raw honey, tea tree essential oil and poppyseeds. This scrub is good for blemishes, blackheads and oily skin etc.
This face scrub comes in a 8 oz jar for $12.

   So this concludes part #1 of my review on Queen's Temple Handmade Artisan Soaps. I will try my best to have #2 with the rest products reviewed shortly. Overall I think Queen's Temple has some pretty good products. I Love how fragrant everything is my bathroom smells amazing. If you would like to check out the products I reviewed today I will leave the link below. Stay tuned for the second half of my review I will be moving on to the hair products next. I hope you enjoyed today's review please subscribe below so you don't miss my next review. And remember Stay Sweet!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThaMdSoapQueen

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to try the body bar and sugar scrub ! I'm excited to get my skin " summer ready!"

    ReplyDelete