Saturday, April 23, 2016

Curls & Potions

 
   This weeks review is on another company I found on Instagram called "Curls & Potions." Curls & Potions is a cruelty free natural hair care line that offers a selection of products to suit your hair care needs. I received their "Babassu Silk Creme" deep protein treatment, "Shelly Belly Curling Jelly" curl an coil defining cream and "Sweet Babassu" sealing oil. I took my time reviewing these products and have used them a total of three wash days so far. So let's get started with my review.


   So I am going to start with "Curls & Potions" Babassu Silk Creme Deep Protein Treatment & Heat Protectant. Okay so I'm just going to say "I Love This!" this is a rich and creamy protein treatment and had fresh a minty scent. It made my hair so soft when applying as well as after rinsing. My hair felt stronger as well. I used it a couple different ways by sitting under a hooded dryer or just leaving a plastic cap on my head while I did work around the house. The outcome was always the same, super soft moisturized hair. It can also be used as a heat styling smoothing treatment by adding a little to damp hair and blow drying, flat ironing or curling. I won't be straightening my hair though I'll wait for my 1 year natural mark. This product also helps strengthen damaged hair. Some of the key ingredients listed are; Babassu Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Shitaki Extract, Soybean Oil and Cavier extract. I received their 8 oz jar which costs $16.99. I say this a lot, but sometimes it is worth it to pay more for great products and this is one of them.


   Next up is Curls & Potions "Shelly Belly Curling Jelly" curl defining cream. And I'll have to say that I Love this product as well. I have been in a total funk lately with my hair and have been having to mix and cocktail products. I only needed hair oil and this to style now. I can't describe the scent but it's a sweet and fragrant one. After washing my hair I use a Leave-In then rub melted cocconut oil through my hair. Next I use the Shelly Belly Curling Jelly and a sealing oil then make finger coils in my hair and let it air dry. I am left with soft, shiny defined curls. Some of the key ingredients listed are; Aloe Juice, Honey, Amla Extract, Shea Butter, Hemp Seed Butter and Soy Bean Oil. I received their 8 oz jar which costs $15.99. This is another product well worth it's price.


   And last but not least is Curls & Potions "Sweet Babassu Sealing Oil." I like this oil for a sealent after applying the "Shelly Belly Curling Jelly," I applied the sealing oil and made finger coils in my hair. My hair was shiny and moisturized. The Sweet Babassu Oil helped hold in the moisture to keep my hair looking fresh all week. I also applied more daily after using a Leave-In conditioning spray. This is a great Oil for using the L.O.C method and can be used as a hot oil treatment. Some key ingredients listed are; Sweet Almond Oil, Babassu Seed Oil, Maracuja Oil and Peppermint Oil. I think this is a really good multi purpose oil. I received their 4 oz bottle for $12.99.


   Over all, I really enjoyed reviewing "Curls & Potions" products. I think they all did what they claimed to do and compliment each other well. I definitely recomend you give these products a try. They have a lot of other products to choose from as well as bundle deals. I will leave the link to their website below and please give them a follow on Instagram @curlsandpotions. I hope you enjoyed today's review please be sure to subscribe below so you don't miss my next product review. Stay Sweet!

http://www.curlsandpotions.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment